Sometimes, I get really fed up with lengthy data entry tasks. But over time I have discovered solutions for lengthy data entries that help me save my time. Do you want to know how to tackle lengthy data entries? Here are some smart tips and tricks to save your time that result in the best entries of data in a short period of time.
Customize Default Cell Cursor Excel Movement:
Excel moves the cursor down to the next cell when you press Enter. Sometimes that’s not the direction you want to go in. Change to these settings to speeden up your process:
- File > Options> Advanced> Editing options
- Go To "After pressing Enter, move selection".
- Select Down from its drop down list.
- To Save, Click Ok.
Create Drop-Down list for speed and consistency.
If you want the data to be consistent, maintain it in a drop-down list. This is very easy and quick. It’s a user-friendly asset in almost all custom-made Excel sheets.
- Create a Separate Sheet with the names of items that you want to pick in your drop down list.
- Select the Cell on your current sheet where you want the drop-down list.
- In the menu toolbar Click on ‘’Data’’> Data Validation.
- A dialog box will open. Click ‘’Settings’’.
- Select ‘’List’’ from drop-down.
- Click “Source”.
- Click the ‘’Data’’ sheet and select the all items.
- Now click Ok
To boost the speed in data entry, shortcut keys are extremely beneficial. Checkout the shortcuts below while during your data entry task:
- Ctrl+Z to undo the last action.
- Shift+Tab key return to the previous input cell.
- Alt+Tab to switch between all opened windows.
- Ctrl+U to underline highlighted selection.
- Ctrl+Home move to cell A1.
- Ctrl+~ Switch between showing excel formulas or their values in cells.
Working with sheets can be a tiring and draining process. These tips should help speed up the task and make your life easier!
For more such time-saving tips and tricks, stay in touch with us!