Every website is different and it’s hard to analyze it just by glancing at it. Therefore, the very first thing we do when we start working on a search engine optimization project is performed thorough website analysis.
Website Analysis is a comprehensive review of a website, its URL structure, hyperlinking, content, keywords used etc. A review of the code, images and tags will give us an insight as to how lean and efficient your website design is.
Amongst other aspects, we evaluate the following –
- Extract a list of site URLs for evaluation
- Broken links check (Internal / External)
- Check server response code for each URL
- Check Search Engine saturation (Pages indexed in search engine / Total site pages)
- Check Page Rank of each URL
- Check site Alexa rank (Traffic rankings)
- Age of domain, validity
- Hosted in country
- Site load speed, page load speed
- Page size, average
- Check duplicate / copied content
- Directory depth check
- Browser compatibility check
- Current traffic analysis
- Setup Google Webmaster Tools / Google Search Console
- Setup Google Analytics
Website Analysis is an important task and we spend a large amount of time performing the analysis and creating a plan for site’s SEO.