Website design practices is a process that can take a lifetime for you to master. To add to it, it keeps evolving every second as technology advances. Even if you want to hire a professional to design your page, you still need some background information and knowledge about website design trend to explain your needs to them. To have a successful website, you must make sure that it provides high-performing content and gives an exceptional user experience (UX)
In this blog we will walk you through 5 useful and trending website design tips for small businesses.
Top 5 Website Design Tips and Tricks
Below mentioned are the top 5 website design tips for small business:
1. Go for Minimalist Website Designs
In the modern world, less is more and by that we mean minimalism. Minimalist website designs are not just about reducing the design, but it shows your approach to creativity. Minimalist website designs help you create a seamless user experience without using any distracting elements. It is convenient for users and is one such website design trend many people choose to follow. It makes your website look modern and stylish.
For a minimalist website design, you must choose the content that goes on your website wisely. Overloading the pages with images and videos is not at all suggested. Here are a few advantages of a minimalistic website design:
- The loading time is much less than complex websites with loads of images, videos, and animations.
- They look more professional, attractive, credible, and modern at the same time.
- No one can deny the ease of navigation and use, which is important for users
- They allow users to focus on the content
2. Choose Appropriate Typography
No one will stay on your web page if the content is hard to read. One of the most common and obvious mistakes that people make is choosing the wrong color of the font, but it is not the only one. When working on the typography, we suggest you keep the following website design tips in mind:
- Go for a font that mirrors the idea of your website. For example, it won’t be a good idea to use a fun font if you have a serious website dedicated to medical research.
- If you select a unique font, it will help your users to easily identify you among your competitors. Many people even design custom typography exclusively for their brand or website.
- Choosing the proper size of the font is important to make it easily readable for users. You must use different sizes for the headlines, subheadings, and body. This improves the structure of the text and makes it organized and readable.
- You must keep adequate line space. Leaving too much space between the lines is not advisable, but keeping them too close to each other is also not good.
- Don’t use too many colors. It is better to focus only on 2 to 3 colors; otherwise, it will spoil the theme of your website and make it look like an irritating rainbow.
3. Use a Video Background for the Website Header
A study shows that people who use videos grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t use video content. It’s obvious because videos are among the types of content that are most consumed by people. We don’t suggest using videos all over your website but, you can use a video for your website’s background header. This is a popular website design trend nowadays, as it makes the visitor stay on the page for a longer duration.
If you want to follow the modern website design practices too, you can use a fullscreen video background. Make sure that it doesn’t distract your users from the content. If so, no matter how attractive the video is, it can spoil the impression of your website.
4. Use Ghost Buttons
Ghost buttons are in trend today. Many websites have been using them. These have a colored border with no color fill. These buttons are among the modern website design trend. Minimalistic website designs often have these types of buttons.
You have to be extra careful with the buttons on your website. If they are hard to spot, the users will leave. Below mentioned are some tips to use the ghost buttons correctly:
- Make sure to place the buttons right next to something noticeable. This is where the users mostly expect them to be. For example, it is best to place a ghost button next to a CTA.
- Select the background wisely. If the button is placed right over a bright picture or background, it will be hard for the users to find it.
- Make sure to use the right colors for the border and the text of the button. It should be noticeable and readable.
- Make sure to test your ghost buttons. Check if they are working properly and are easy to locate on the desktop as well as mobile devices.
5. Use Custom Illustrations
This is one of the in-demand website design trends. Custom illustrations are considered an amazing way to tell your story, express your style and engage the visitors quickly. Custom illustrations can reflect your brand’s personality easily and help them get a better understanding of your products or services.
Here are a few advantages of using custom illustrations in your website design:
- Custom icons and illustrations make you stand out among your competitors. They also maintain a consistent look and feel.
- Majority of people perceive images faster than words. Custom Illustrations create visual triggers that convey the necessary message in less time.
- Custom Illustrations portray originality and give an artistic element to your website.
With the website design lies the credibility of your business. So, it is important to keep up with the website design trend to leave a good impression on your visitors. While following modern website design practices, we advise you to keep your website design choices user-friendly. We are sure that the above-mentioned website design tips will help you create a user-friendly, modern website design.