SEO is a vital strategy. Why?
93% of online experiences begin from search engines! Yes, that’s true. Everything on the internet begins with a search and every search has a keyword. This is all connected. And who do you think has the largest market share in terms of the search engine?
Yes, that’s Google! And the share is also more than 90% of the whole search engine pie. This means a majority of people prefer Google to make searches. Now, do you imagine the extent of your visibility if you happen to figure on the front page of the Google search and even better on the top-most slots. How about the first one?
Magical! Isn’t it?
This is attainable. Even if you are a start-up or have been in business for long. If you are looking at a ranking in the search engine, SEO is your card.
What is SEO?
SEO is a technique of refining quality and increasing the quantity of web traffic. This is usually done by enhancing the visibility of the web page or the website to various users of a web search engine. It is slow to show results as it offers to work on the unpaid results. But, the results are sustainable. SEO works on either content search, image search, video search or even vertical searches specific to industries. Marketers use keywords, add backlinks, or use other inbound links, etc.
But, it is not as simple as it sounds. The game is not without rules and of course, when it is new, there are people who make mistakes. It is only when these mistakes are irreversible that the real damage occurs.
So, here we have lined up the most common pitfalls businesses make when implementing an SEO strategy.
5 SEO Mistakes to Avoid:
- No Plagiarism: There is no dearth of information on the internet. However, the major challenge faced by most businesses is to generate original content. Remember, search engines can easily detect plagiarism. So, in case of any copied you can either get penalized or blacklisted. This can never win you a good rank.
- Keyword Stuffing: Optimal is the word. There are two extremes and both of them are bad. You have to balance it out. Additionally, there has to be a way you use the keywords. You just cannot put them anywhere in the content. There has to be a natural fit. It should reflect. Forced inclusions not only mar the content but also ruin the strategy. Stick to giving meaning to your audience. Remember you are not writing for the search engines but people who have an interest in your niche and have cared to stop by your website. Do not give them a reason to go away.
- Avoid Video Marketing: On average, 1 billion videos are viewed every day. Also, where an image does talking against a 1000 words, can you guess the words sufficed by videos? Well, don’t. The idea is to tell that videos are the best medium for messaging. The audience engagement is unparalleled and when clubbed with superb content and equally vibrant videos the results are simply amazing. Videos can help your business give a direct message most subtly. There are no discrepancies. Do not ignore video marketing.
- Fixing Broken Links: Backlinks form a significant portion of your SEO strategy. It helps your website get the desired visibility. It is exposed to the people who actually make a difference. Broken links have a heavy impact on your ranking and can be actually suicidal for your business. Broken links often result from pages that are deleted. Search bots do not like such links as it results in wastage of their resources. It is important to fix your broken links as the results can be amazing and fast.
- Wrong Keywords: Nothing can be as bad as a wrong keyword flooding the text. It is a task to find relevant keywords. You cannot have a keyword pointing east, in a text that is based on the west direction. Both are directions but both are also irrelevant to the cause. You have to work this around very carefully.
SEO is a vital part of every marketing strategy and effort. The world of the internet starts from a search and you cannot avoid optimizing your pages. SEO works slow but has definite results that stay. You have to take heart and stay put. Also, do not fall into the trap of making mistakes that may sound small but have huge impacts. Be watchful.
RedAlkemi is always open to publishing unique, informative and original content on the RedAlkemi blog! Take a look at our guest posting terms.