Microinfluencer Marketing is a rising trend in the digital marketing space. Over the last few years, it has carved out a special place for itself in the minds of marketers and brands at large. There is a huge amount of significance associated with the right endorsements for brands. The big brands find it easy to sign up famous personalities or celebs to promote their products but it is the small ones which are compelled to be more creative and find micro-influencers to carry their message to the right audience. Studies have also proven that more than 80 percent of consumers are tempted to buy products following the recommendations by micro-influencers.
Reason for Success of Micro-Influencer Platform
Micro influencers are regular people who have been able to gain a reasonable number of following on social engines by pursuing their core interests or by being highly active on these platforms. Their following falls between 5000 to more than 50,000 people. The numbers are significant for small start-ups even though they are no match for the millions of followers a celebrity has. Brands find that micro-influencers tend to score higher on credibility rating among customers when compared to celebs as the latter is often seen promoting multiple products which bring to fore the commercial character of their endorsements. Hence, they aren’t able to bag customer engagement as well. The brands have gradually taken note of the potential of these new-age ambassadors to bring them to connect with the vibe of their customers.
The Micro-Influencer Marketing Edge
- Cost-Effective: There is a huge budgetary gap between macro and micro-influencers. It has been seen that most micro-influencers charge between $250-300 for a brand-specific post. This has proven a boon for small businesses and start-ups. Recent times have seen even larger and established brands take on to common faces and find micro-influencers as more powerful influence makers. The cost factor also allows many brands to experiment with these to justify the risks involved.
- Engagement Boosting: The level of engagement is way higher in the case of micro-influencers as the latter is much more focused and have a specific target audience and following. Also, start-ups find these to be most credible and authentic. This ensures that the brands are able to spread the message in a more meaningful and smooth way without sounding commercial. It is this natural feel which has made Microinfluencer Platform as the most-preferred marketing strategy by most businesses.
- Trust-building: Microinfluencer marketing is highly effective in helping the brands come close to the customers as a direct link is created between the brand and the audience which facilitates conversions. This has emerged as a potent tool to handle promotions as the task is reduced to the selection of the right influencers who have the most desired following. This enables the brand message to reach the target audience in a streamlined manner.
- Authentic: There are no second thoughts on the fact that common people are able to relate more to everyday posts of the micro-influencers than those of celebrities. The former remain connected with their followers by religiously posting content which strikes a chord with their lives. Microinfluencers work to be considered as part of the crowds which they have built. Thus, any brand message through such channels has already passed the credibility filter for sure.
How to Find Micro-Influencers Most Suitable for your Brand
You have to acknowledge the fact that common people are much more aware and savvier than they were a few years ago. So, when you are selecting a micro influencer you basically have to dive into the everyday content or posts which are created by them for their own niche of audience. The content has to be in sync with the image of the brand. An authentic influencer also will not pick endorsements for a brand which is not the right fit for his audience as any content which will seem alien to the online world of the influencer will not seem real and hence bound to be rejected. In addition, the engagement of the influencer with the brand, the aesthetics of his or her profile and other metrics serve as the deciding factor. It is not actually the following which actually matters as there is no minimum ideal figure defined.
You may use the following pointers to pick the right micro influencer for your brand:
- Define your target audience and search for the pages they like.
- Try to strike an overlapping link between their likes and any influencer working in that niche.
- Look for trending accounts which offer a high amount of engagement. You may use hashtags or keywords.
- Reach out to local bloggers in your niche to see if they are open to collaborating with you.
- Don’t forget to check the followers of your competitors.
Many known brands like Spotify, Adobe, etc. have had tremendous success with micro-influencers to promote their products. As a small business or a start-up, you too can have your share of the limelight but just need to touch the right notes and make good music. Let our team at RedAlkemi work wonders for your concern and make it a force to be reckoned with. It all begins with a call. Get in touch with us.
Found this blog interesting? Take a look at our digital services and portfolio!