Strategic SEO is highly dynamic. You have to constantly evolve and innovate to stay ahead of the growth curve. If you think you know SEO and have extensively read about search engine optimization techniques, then the next line may not make you happy. SEO techniques may change more quickly than calendar dates or may stay on a little longer, but they definitely do not stretch over months. SEO is here to stay but not the techniques. In other words, it means you need to be constantly on your toes to keep abreast with the latest updates by Google.
Let's start with some facts. As per a recent survey, it has been suggested that nearly 80 percent of the website traffic starts with a search query. Almost 3.5 billion people in the world refer to Google every day for searching purposes. A significant portion of this number, i.e. around 75% of users do not prefer moving to the next search page. Even on the first page, estimates suggest that nearly 60 percent of all the traffic generated from the search will limit itself to the first three search results. This makes your task of understanding strategic SEO easier. SEO will bag you your dream ranking on the search engines. Looking at the above figures we now know that it is not enough to rank on page 1 of search results but you hardly gain if you are not number1.
SEO is not simply contrary to the common belief promoted by budding marketing agencies. It has more than 200 ranking factors which in turn are being constantly revised by Google, much before you know. The trouble sets in when you already don’t have complete knowledge and the rules are revised. Apart from one thing, SEO takes patience and you need to be prepared.
Strategic SEO Techniques for 2019
- Conduct an SEO Audit for your Online Business: An audit will give a clear picture of your website performance in terms of search traffic. Although there are many firms in the market which offer these services, it can definitely be done in-house and a lot of money can be saved. Auditing is a technique for systematic evaluation of SEO to measure overall site performance and implementation of various tactics to reach the new goals which are defined. You may look for SEO meta titles, descriptions, keyword optimization for all the web pages, etc.
- Sense the Nerve of your Users: You cannot sell what people do not want to buy. So, try to sense the nerve of the users. This also means you have to constantly look for the feedback of the users, visit the chat-rooms or other public forums like Quora or Reddit. Alternately you can try searching for the most popularly ranked pages on the analytics and see which posts bag the maximum number of shares. You may also want to search for the most-searched long-tail keywords by the people. This will give you a fair idea of what is trending in the minds of the audience.
- Landing Pages for SEO: A well-built landing page can significantly increase the sales and even generation of leads. So, the trick is to create more landing pages which are optimized for SEO as they will act as the right gateways for your audience to reach you. This is not to undermine the importance of the homepage but to reinforce the significance of the relationships which can be built by landing pages.
- Check for Mobile-Friendly Optimization: The future of the internet is on mobile devices. Going by the current trends, a significant part of the search is conducted while on the go. So, having an SEO strategy which is optimized for mobile platforms is the need of the hour. Remember, this is no longer a luxury but a standard practice that cannot be ignored. Responsive Web Design is what is required as it handles the response of your website as per the size of the screen and that too on multiple devices.
- Infographics: The human brain processes images much faster than text. Studies suggest that nearly 65% of people are visual learners. Good quality infographics have the potential to push the website traffic up by almost 193 percent. The catch here is the word, ‘info’ and not exactly graphic. So, the idea is to have a good design backed by strong facts.
Strategic SEO is a result of keen analysis and a constant brush with the latest trends. Google is continuously improving its algorithms to fine-tune its systems. As a business, you need to constantly adapt to the ever-growing nuances of the technological world. Remember there is no alternative to great content which can engage your audience effectively. SEO make take time to sync in with your business process and strategy to give measurable results but if well implemented it helps to get lasting performance results. If you have any questions regarding the same, you may get in touch with us.