Timeline templates are much like the back of a cereal box. You'll see all kinds of details about it, even though you never read them. The truth is that most people will never open your timeline template for any reason. That's because they're busy working on something else - probably writing their own stories!
But what if you could take your story and embed it into the timeline template? What if you made sure that everything about how your story is presented gets noticed by everyone? Even those who never open the template itself?
And what if I told you that there was a way to get your stories read by thousands of people like me, all around the world!?! I'd probably have your attention, right?
This is precisely what I want to show you today.
How To Make Your Story Read By Thousands Of People Like Me!
Here's how it works.
First, you link your story with a personal message or introductory text. You can do this by using the <a> tags. This will allow the reader to click on your link and read your story.
Next, you can separate your story into sections. Each section should begin with a heading tag <h1>. This allows people to skip to any section they want by using the drop-down boxes found in most readers.
When you use the "Table of Contents" option, the list of stories is automatically added to your template. In addition, each story can have a link that points to a new window if you'd like.
You can even allow readers to "jump" directly into any section by enabling them to click on the heading tag <h1> that is used for the specific section.
Here are some additional tips to make sure your story gets read. First, be sure you have a powerful first sentence. This should include who, what, where, and why questions. These are the types of questions people will want to be answered. Be careful how long your sentences are because this can affect your readers' ability to understand them.
This is especially true if you're writing in a language other than English or your readers aren't native speakers. This is not the place to write fancy, flowery text. Instead, get right to the point and use strong action verbs.
If you want to include an image, use the <img> tag:
Don't use this type of image unless it's essential. If you choose to include an image, ensure that the height and width are set correctly. Usually, the height will automatically adjust to match your story text size. However, the width can get a little tricky. For example, if you want a 200px wide image, set the width at "200px".
Most project timeline templates designers will discourage you from placing large images in your timeline since they can take so much space. If you need to use a larger image, it's probably best not to include it on your timeline.
Create a Timeline Template Using Venngage
The difficulty level is low when you decide to create a timeline. Why? Because there are so many great free timeline templates out there that it makes sense to create one with already-made templates. You can just edit the details, and you're good to go!
Try making your own story template (just not from a PowerPoint timeline template)! Just use this blank timeline template and upload an image. If you want, write something in the text boxes before sharing it. Venngage makes it easy to add images and text with just a couple of clicks. Venngage allows you to adjust your font, colors, backgrounds, and more. Plus, they have hundreds of royalty-free photos for any project.
Venngage is free to try, and you can save your template once it's complete. Here are more reasons to use Venngage for your timeline:
- Venngage Is 100% Free.
- Venngage lets you make beautiful infographics without forcing you to pay monthly fees. Venngage provides all of the features you'll need at no cost.
- Venngage Supports Your Timeline Infographic on All Platforms.
- Venngage has versions for PC, Macs, iPads, and iPhones. Venngage also supports many other devices like Android, Chrome OS, and even Internet Explorer. Venngage is the only infographic design tool that works on all of them. Venngage is for people who want to be digital citizens.
- Venngage Makes Sharing Easy.
- Venngage lets you share your infographic with one click! You can use Venngage to share your infographic with Venngage, or Venngage will automatically create a link for you to use on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many other websites. Venngage also lets you save your infographic as a PDF or JPEG. So share your timeline quickly - try Venngage now!
- Venngage is Fast.
- Venngage was created by designers who love infographics. Venngage focuses on making infographic-creation fast and fun. Venngage users don't need to know anything about code or other complicated design tools. This is why Venngage is also great for people who want to create stunning infographics but don't have any design skills!
Timeline templates when you create your story is a good idea. But if you’re looking for a template, we recommend downloading this one. It’s easy to customize, and the blank timeline is clean and elegant. What do you think? Have you used any cool templates before? Feel free to share your ideas in the comments below!