When you are a content writer or marketer, it’s always important to work smarter. One great example is repurposing your video and audio content into a blog or article.
Creating a video might not be the easiest thing to do because it’s time-consuming and might not turn out how you want it to be.
With the right amount of research and editing, repurposing might be easier. However, there’s much to talk about, so let’s dive deeper in this article to learn more!
11 Ways you can repurpose your video and audio content into a blog or article
- Transcribe your videos into audio and then into text
- Whether you post a video about an interview you set up or a product you are trying to promote, repurposing it into audio and written form is always smart. Why do we recommend repurposing it into audio form initially? Well, it’s because of the freedom viewers will have to watch a video without sound.
- You can’t always be free and at home, so watching videos with sound off is helpful when you are in a public area. In fact, statistics show that 69% of users watch videos without any sound on.
- Considering this fact, while reading the subtitles, you can start writing a blog out of it. Audio content is one of the fastest growing content, and writing while reading is an effective step.
- You can use plenty of platforms to transcribe your audio to text. We found that Happy Scribe’s online audio-to-text converter allows you to convert in more than 120 languages and into more than 45 formats. The platform is trusted by over 100,000 users and teams of all sizes. Not only will you be able to write your blog or article faster, but it’ll also save you lots of time compared to manually doing everything.
- Write a sales video
- If you post videos on your website about sales, you can create a lengthy sales document from the video you created. Alternatively, if you think it’s too long to write it into an article, you can include the key takeaways of your sales video. You can have this on your email, landing page, website, or anywhere else you find suitable.
- This is an excellent step in your buyer’s journey and allows customers or potential clients to show interest in you and help them make up their minds.
- Repurpose your Instagram Reels and TikTok videos into a blog
- Video marketing is becoming very popular and 87% of Gen Z view them as the same. Many people are convinced to buy your product or service when watching a Reel or TikTok video.
- However, converting these videos into a blog on your website would also be interesting enough. Maybe some visitors haven’t seen your videos and interacted with your blog initially, it’s always a good idea to be available on both sides.
- Blogs are interesting to read and if you want to make things equal, you can redirect users from your videos to your blog and vice versa.
- Write a video description
- Whenever you create a video, you can write a video description that entirely explains what the video is about. The video description can serve as an article for those who like to read and don’t want to watch the video.
- Video descriptions are excellent for clarifying what a video has to say, especially if there are parts you didn’t understand, or maybe you don’t have much time to listen and need to read.
- Use infographics
- Infographics can be used in your blogs and are a highly effective marketing technique data-wise and when you want to say many things in a couple of images.
- You can lay out your brand’s story with a few infographic images repurposed from your videos into your blog.
- Or, you can create stories about why your product and service are the right fit for your customers. This is an excellent example of repurposing and having a long-term effect. Let’s not forget that if you read an article or blog and don’t have any infographics included, it may be harder to remember information.
- According to statistics, 50% of our brains expect visual input, so they’ll process it faster. In addition, the brain automatically processes information easier and will remember, so what a way to repurpose your content, right?
- Turn your video tutorials into blogs
- Let’s not forget about tutorials. They are super helpful and informative, especially when you are at the beginning of learning about a product or service. A written article can help clarify more about what type of explanations you need for a product and sometimes users might not have enough time to watch the tutorial, so they’ll read the explanation!
- Turn them into social media posts
- Blogs can be posted on social media as well. Popular sites like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, are all sites you can use for repurposing your video content. Try to break it up into pieces. For example, if your video is ten minutes long, try creating ten social media posts out of it.
- Not only will this give you more content to post, but you’ll have a long timeline of things you aren’t running out of, your ideas will be complete in numbers!
- Repurpose your videos into an ebook
- Informative articles allow you to do enough research and identify how you can repurpose them from your audio and video content. An effective way to blend your articles together is to put them all into one post.
- This may seem hard to do, but truthfully, it really isn’t as hard as you may think. The best thing you can do is pick a handful of articles and continuously update them according to how you want your ebook to be. There are even platforms you can use if you wish to do so or to publish your work. Nothing is as hard as it seems!
- Additionally, if you want to, you can also choose to publish your article as an audiobook. This will be harder to do and might cost you more money and time because you also need a voice actor to be successful. However, you can consider selling your audiobook afterward if you like!
- Write blog posts about educational content
- By writing blog posts, you can create educational content that can be repurposed from your audio and video content. You can do this by yourself, either by using freelance transcription services or by directly writing down the most important key points from your educational videos.
- Especially if you are writing a topic that is related to your brand or is commonly searched up on search engines. Having a video about it and repurposing it into a blog will give you a much better chance of ranking higher on search engines and bring you much more traffic.
- After all, if you combine the power of videos and blogs, you can rank even higher on search engines. One goes with the other and none of them go on their own.
- Instructional videos and manuals
- Instructional videos are what allow you to write an instructional manual. Instructional videos allow you to use screenshots and steps you can derive from your video to create digital and printable guides.
- In today’s world, you need to have information as available as you can. Offering them in as many formats as possible is never a bad idea. People always like to consume content in different ways.
- One example we could use is if you are promoting your product or service on your website. Your video might be 10-15 minutes long, and right under your videos or an additional link, you can add an instructional manual that clarifies everything the video stated.
- Create training courses
- Instructional and educational video or audio content is the best asset you can have within your business. They may be even more effective when you are providing training courses for your internal team. According to a study, 89% of employees want to have training available when they are at the workplace.
- Training courses can be both in video and written form. They are an excellent way of making money and giving your employees or anyone else, two formats of learning, both in written and video form.
- Many people might claim videos are the only best way to sell your knowledge, but offering it in written form is just as important.
That’s all for this article. These are the 11 creative ways we came up with on how you can repurpose your audio and video content. Now, it’s up to you to find out which method works best and what you can do to keep your audience interested and engaged.
Video and audio content is excellent to have, but when you repurpose them into written content, it’s an even better idea.
About the author:
Tony Ademi is a freelance SEO content and copywriter. He has been in the writing industry for three years and has managed to write hundreds of SEO-optimized articles. Moreover, he has written articles that have ranked #1 on Google. Tony’s primary concern when writing an article is to do extensive research and ensure that the reader is engaged until the end.