One of the most important elements of a brand’s online presence is its website. However, having a website is not enough. Elements of a website like a layout, user experience, and design play a vital role in the way users perceive a company.
Are you thinking about what you can do to make an ideal website? Or, what are the keys to a good website? Well, it requires both web designers and developers to put in their efforts to develop an engaging website.
Is this sounding like a lot of pressure on you? Well, need not worry anymore. If you are planning to design a website, be sure to include the following 5 important website elements.
1. Website Design & Layout
A striking website design & layout improves user experience effectively. Here's a list of elements of a website layout & design to include while designing a site:
- Colors: Colors produce a variety of emotions in website visitors, so it is ideal to use the right colors. Further, colors highlight important website sections and affect how users feel about your site.
- Images: Always use high-quality images to offer a quality user experience. Moreover, images are a great trigger that is used to draw visitors in and make them engage with your content.
- Typography: It’s better to stick to a few font styles than to use a lot of fonts. Further, a single font adds to a classic design that is appealing and easy to read when displayed.
- Space: Let your web design breathe. Avoid stuffing too many elements on your website. It has to be evenly designed with a little space between two or more elements. By doing so, you can deliver information that your users understand, enjoy and appreciate.
Making a website interactive can benefit you in several ways. An interactive website connects with your audience quickly, improves your website’s personalization, decreases the bounce rate and promotes sharing, etc. Moreover, building a dynamic website can be a great investment of time, effort, and money, but the payoff for an interactive website is worth it. Have a look at the interactive website elements listed below:
- Page Speed: All the weighty elements can lower the page loading time. Users today expect a web page to load within three seconds. So, make sure that your webpage loads fast. Increasing the page speed by 1 second increases the conversion rate by 2%.
- Search Bar: Adding a search bar promotes users to search and interact with your site. It further allows users to find content faster than the navigation menu.
- Internal Links: Having internal links on your website allows users to move from one page to another and thereby increases the user time on your website.
3. Call To Action
“Call To Action” is a vital part of your website advertisement that allows users to purchase your products, and services, give you their contact details, and a lot more. So, let your users know what you want them to do by adding a CTA button. Add a CTA button with the desired action. For example:
- Add CTA with “Download” or “Subscribe,” if you are running a report or a newsletter.
- Add “Buy Now,” “Order Now” or “Shop Now” if you have an online eCommerce store.
- “Find Out How To…” if you want users to learn more information.
4. Engaging Content
Having engaging and fresh content is among the important elements of a website. For a website to be effective, you must keep it updated with content that is relevant, fresh, and interesting. Stale or outdated content will turn off the website users. You can add fresh content that offers the reader a glimpse at something that they have not heard or seen before but can relate to it in some way. Have a look at the keys to a good website content:
- Use headings and subheadings
- Be concise and clear
- Edit your content with the latest updates
- Use lists and graphics, etc.
5. Website Branding
Branding is an important website element in improving the recognition of your business. Developing a website and branding go hand in hand. Having a consistent branding strategy and a professional website look adds to the company’s credibility. Therefore, your website should be a clear reflection of your company and brand.
Branding should be as such that users can quickly make a connection with your print material, logo, and brick-and-mortar location. Focusing on branding while designing a website helps to ensure that you add character to your site and make it user-friendly and client-centric.
Modern website designs need regular updations to ensure the site is offering engaging visuals and content. Your website must offer a good user experience, regardless of the user’s device. The elements of a website mentioned above provide a solid start to designing a stylish, speedy, and streamlined website that captures user attention and helps in increasing conversions.